NO to Hate Speech! NO to Geert Wilders!
John Coursey | 10.20.2009
David Horowitz is sponsoring a tour of anti-Muslim bigot and Dutch MP, Geert Wilders, which starts here in Philadelphia, at Temple University.
On Tuesday, October 20, 7pm Wilders is schedule to speak, with Horowitz providing the introduction.
Wilders is notorious for his anti-Islam statements, calling for the banning of the Koran, and an end to immigration from Arab and Muslim countries. Horowitz has led a right-wing intimidation campaign against left-wing professors and students across the country.
Moreover, because the Muslim Student Association along with a number of other groups protested Temple University's acceptance of Wilders as a speaker, Horowitz has been on a mission to denounce the MSA as "jihadists." The organizers of the event are calling Wilders a "European Free Speech Leader."
We must protest this intolerance and the intimidation of our Arab and Muslim sisters and brothers.
The Wilders event begins at 7pm at Temple University's Tech Center. Protesters will be gathering at 6:30pm. The event location is on 12th Street just north of Montgomery St (and a couple blocks north of Cecil B. Moore).
International Socialist Organization
Some Geert Wilders quotes:
- "The Koran is an inspiration for intolerance, murder and terror." (Source: BBC News, 28 February 2008)
- "Moderate Islam? That's a contradiction." (Source: Spiegel.de, 31 March 2008)
- "Take a walk down the street and see where this is going. You no longer feel like you are living in your own country. There is a battle going on and we have to defend ourselves. Before you know it there will be more mosques than churches!" (Source: Expatica, Internet Archive, 13 February 2007)
-"Islam is the Trojan Horse in Europe. If we do not stop Islamification now, Eurabia and Netherabia will just be a matter of time....We are heading for the end of European and Dutch civilisation as we know it."
Raphael MacNamara adds:
Those Quotes are tame.
- He called Islam a "retarded religion"
- He has said that Cultural Relativism is the Disease of Western Culture.
- When asked bye a reporter about taxing Islamic head dress for women, he said it doesn't matter what they think/want, he wasn't elected by them, he was elected by people that think like him... aka racist!
- He claims to be promoting humanistic and christian and jewish values but says that that the Netherlands has been "too tolerant"! and that their should be exceptions to human rights to save his "cultures dominance".
- He wants to stop Muslims from being able enter his country, actually he says they have to be stopped, but also he welcomes Muslim culture in another interview.... (as long as they don't believe in Islam, I guess)
- He wants to outlaw Muslim symbolism.
- He said Israel was BRAVE in bombing Gaza and he hoped the Netherlands would do the same thing!!!!!
Sorry I didn't source these and am making you watch the links I include to verify, but I more just wrote down his quotes and not which video I got it from, but most of these things are part of his "look-at-me-I-am-a-racist-and-you-come-to-listen-to-me" show.